Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Kolb, Mark" <MK...@srhs.org> on 2000/03/31 15:54:53 UTC

XML name space question

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the declaration of the XML name space in a
Style sheet.  In some documentation I have seen the statement.

<vsl:stylesheet
	xmls:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0

In other examples I have seen the statement

<vsl:stylesheet
	xmls:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform

My question is how does this difference in reference effect the combination
done by cocoon into html?  Many thanks.

Mark Kolb
Systems Engineer
The Hospital of Saint Raphael
New Haven, CT 06511-440
Phone: (203) 789-3791
e-mail: mkolb@srhs.org

Re: XML name space question

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
"Kolb, Mark" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question concerning the declaration of the XML name space in a
> Style sheet.  In some documentation I have seen the statement.
>
> <vsl:stylesheet
>         xmls:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0
> >

> In other examples I have seen the statement
>
> <vsl:stylesheet
>         xmls:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform

This is the correct namespace. The one above it, it's the old one and is
now deprecated.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: AW: samples of running applications

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Stefan Haack wrote:

> Hm OK, but with a "real" Web Application I
> ment 1Mio PV a Month, Hundrets
> of users at the same time. I ment
> Internet not LAN.
> What about a Service with 100.000
> registered Users?

Cocoon 1.x? forget it.

Cocoon 2.x? you bet!

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Stefan Haack wrote:

> Hm OK, but with a "real" Web Application I
> ment 1Mio PV a Month, Hundrets
> of users at the same time. I ment
> Internet not LAN.
> What about a Service with 100.000
> registered Users?

It really depends on the the quality of your hardware, your OS, your web
server, and your JVM. One could easily support a million page views per
month from cocoon1 on a junk intel box with linux - that's only 30,000
page views per day, or roughly one request every three seconds.

For hundreds of users at the same time (which I interpret to mean,
hundreds of simultaneous requests, not simultaneous sessions), you're
going to want an UltraSparc Enterprise or an IBM mainframe or a linux or
*bsd server farm - but regardless of the web application infrastructure
you chose, you'd need something along those lines to handle that kind of
load.

- donald

AW: samples of running applications

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.