Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com> on 2009/10/07 15:22:58 UTC

Plugging in SQL-based stores

What approach are you taking to make it straightforward to plug in a
given SQL-based store?

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Plugging in SQL-based stores

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Aidan,

> On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Steve Huston
> <sh...@riverace.com> wrote:
>
> > The way this has shaped up (and I'll be posting code soon) is that
> > there are two layers of plug-in: the portable store and the
> > storage-specific backend. The portable store offers an option to
> > select the backend, validates requests from the broker, and
directs
> > the recovery; the backend knows the storage layout and
> manages it. Any
> > kind of storage can plug into the backend, SQL or otherwise.
>
> Did you end up seperating the message store stuff from the
> configuration data?

No - the config info is in a different table, but in the same database
as the messaging info.

> It's something we've been looking into doing for
> the Java broker for a while. If this is going to land for 0.6 I'd
> really appreciate getting a look at it sooner rather than later so
we
> can try to figure out a compatible schema...

The code should be available today or tomorrow. The Windows
implementation is scheduled for inclusion in 0.6. I can't speak to any
plans on the Linux implementation.

-Steve

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> wrote:

> The way this has shaped up (and I'll be posting code soon) is that
> there are two layers of plug-in: the portable store and the
> storage-specific backend. The portable store offers an option to
> select the backend, validates requests from the broker, and directs
> the recovery; the backend knows the storage layout and manages it. Any
> kind of storage can plug into the backend, SQL or otherwise.

Did you end up seperating the message store stuff from the
configuration data? It's something we've been looking into doing for

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Jonathan,