Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sirish_Chandra <Si...@satyam.com> on 2009/03/10 13:57:27 UTC

MD5Hex Assertion

Hi Team,

I want to use MD5Hex Assertion http request sample. I am able to catch the MD5Hex response from the http request by checking the checkbox "save response as MD5 hash" but each time it is coming a dynamic value. How can I catch this dynamic value so that I can use it in the MD5Hex Assertion element. Or is there any other way to use it?

Thanks and Regards
Sirish

________________________________
DISCLAIMER:

Re: MD5Hex Assertion

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10/03/2009, Sirish_Chandra <Si...@satyam.com> wrote:
> Exactly, want to know whether each time the same page is coming or it is coming with some modification. How can I achieve this?

The easiest way would be to use "Save Response as MD5" and check that
all the values are the same after the test has completed. However you
won't be able to see what the differences are.

If you want to see what the differences are, then use Save Response to
a File and compare the files after the test completes.

If you want to just check that the content does not change - and you
don't care what the content is - then you just need to extract the
response content for use later.

You can extract the Response Data using a Regex Post-Processor e.g.:

Field=Body
Parameters:
MD5
.*
$0$
1
NOTFOUND

and then use ${MD5} in the subsequent assertions

Make sure you add the RE P-P as a child of the first sample only.

RE: MD5Hex Assertion

Posted by Sirish_Chandra <Si...@satyam.com>.

Re: MD5Hex Assertion

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.