Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Reto Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com> on 2014/05/27 14:00:17 UTC

Stanbol Build output

Hello,

I just tried to build Stanbol on travis-ci.

Unfortunately the build ends with:

The log length has exceeded the limit of 4 Megabytes (this usually means
that test suite is raising the same exception over and over).

The build has been terminated.

See: https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/26118135/log.txt

I think that having such a long log from the tests isn't very useful. What
do you think, should a passing test be quiet? or how much output do you
think is reasonable?

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Stanbol Build output

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reto,

* you can search for log4j config files in test/resources folders and
change levels from DEBUG to INFO
* you can set org.apache.solr.* loggers to ERROR in the same files.

this should reduce the size of the logs during a build enough to stay
under the limit.

best
Rupert