Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by di...@covalent.net on 2002/07/29 20:27:43 UTC

mod_auth_pam, acronyms and talk

FYI - on http://www.apache.org/~dirkx/oscon2002 is my talk on apache
modules from Oscon 2002.

Feel free to use/rip it for your own presentations. The presentation and
the two modules are under an ASF license and/or can be donated to the ASF
on request.

Also there is a copy of a 2.0 version of mod_auth_pam which will hopefully
the #1 or #2 auth module auth there - would perhaps be a fit for our
distribution at some point).

Finally there is a module I'd love to get feedback on; mod_acronym.

It is a simple module which looks for abbreviations/accronyms in the HTML
and then annotates them with the expension at the bottom of the page. (See
research.covalent.net/acronym/ for a faked quick sample).

What I'd like to really know - is this the *right* way to use output
filters. It is slightly less trivial than the examples we have now - but
much simpler than mod_include - while still using a context between
brigades to keep state.

So filter experts - please slash/burn and tell me how to really write
those filter thingies !

Dw
--
Dirk-Willem van Gulik