Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2014/10/01 08:40:25 UTC

Re: LDClient Implementation Troubles

Hi Paul,

On 30/09/14 19:46, Paul Danckaert wrote:
> When the server starts I do see both the endpoint and provider in the lists in the log files, but running the same query through the SPARQL interface simply returns "No".

Unfortunately the default SPARQL evaluation does not trigger LDCache.

If you want that feature while SPARQLing, you would need to switch the
"sparql.strategy" configuration option from "native" to "sesame".

The background is that in KiWi the native strategy uses a "short path"
for  translating SPARQL queries directly into SQL on the underlying
database. The disadvantage is that certain repository layers (like the
Linked Data Caching) will not be triggered. The main advantage is the
performance, because the SPARQL queries do not run over the expensive
in-memory API and are therefore much faster.

Then it's up to you, performance vs. having transparently cache on
SPARQL querying.

> Any thoughts or ideas on how to properly register or call this endpoint/provider?

Depending on the needs in your queries, maybe you can switch to LDPath,
which does trigger LDCache on path evaluation.

Direct requests to the /resource webservice would also trigger it:

http://host/marmotta/resource?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.org%2Flocal%2FMyTown

Hope that helps to understand the issue.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager