Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lawrence, Gareth" <G....@massey.ac.nz> on 2002/03/27 04:43:47 UTC

RE: tomcat4 config.

Opps :-(

.... cont ...

#!/bin/bash
    JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1
    JAKARTA_HOME=/opt/jakarta
    ANT_HOME=$JAKARTA_HOME/jakarta-ant
    TOMCAT_HOME=$JAKARTA_HOME/build/tomcat
    PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

    export JAVA_HOME JAKARTA_HOME ANT_HOME PATH TOMCAT_HOME

I think :-)

*After this is installed you should test jdk:
(use javac and java from the command line to make sure java is working)

*Following this you'll need to install Ant (have you done this??)

*And then you need to sh build.sh dist

And then you can go sh startup.sh :-)))

Hope this helps :-)

G.

Posted by Morten Bøhmer <mb...@online.no>.
You can find the source code for this under jakarta cvs
/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk

Best regards

Re: Tomcat 4 NT Service

Posted by Sanjay Bahal <sb...@yahoo.com>.
I am looking for it too?
Thanks,
Sanjay

Tomcat 4 NT Service

RE: tomcat4 config.

Posted by vergel <ve...@humanjava.com>.
FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!

for anyone who installs a Linux version of Tomcat4 and can't configure it.
Check this directory and set the environmental settings for tomcat.

/etc/tomcat4/conf/tomcat4.conf

Set all your settings there and you should be able to start tomcat without
any errors. It was a simple config thing......  just an FYI.

verg.