Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Haack <sh...@condat.de> on 2000/03/31 16:04:47 UTC

samples of running applications

Do you know samples of running web applications
based on XML?
Or is XML XSL Server Site Parsing too slow for
"real" WEb Applications?

I plan to change from Tomcat/JSP to Cocoon/XSP,
may this be a mistake? My fear is a well disigned,
nice to administrate, in 3 layersd separated Web Application
without performance.

I read some Postings about 38sec server site
generating time, this is too huge for a
Web Application.

Greetings shaack
z21@7d0.com

Re: AW: samples of running applications

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Stefan Haack wrote:

> Hm OK, but with a "real" Web Application I
> ment 1Mio PV a Month, Hundrets
> of users at the same time. I ment
> Internet not LAN.
> What about a Service with 100.000
> registered Users?

Cocoon 1.x? forget it.

Cocoon 2.x? you bet!

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: AW: samples of running applications

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Stefan Haack wrote:

> Hm OK, but with a "real" Web Application I
> ment 1Mio PV a Month, Hundrets
> of users at the same time. I ment
> Internet not LAN.
> What about a Service with 100.000
> registered Users?

It really depends on the the quality of your hardware, your OS, your web
server, and your JVM. One could easily support a million page views per
month from cocoon1 on a junk intel box with linux - that's only 30,000
page views per day, or roughly one request every three seconds.

For hundreds of users at the same time (which I interpret to mean,
hundreds of simultaneous requests, not simultaneous sessions), you're
going to want an UltraSparc Enterprise or an IBM mainframe or a linux or
*bsd server farm - but regardless of the web application infrastructure
you chose, you'd need something along those lines to handle that kind of
load.

- donald

AW: samples of running applications

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@posterconseil.com>.