Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pham Anh Tuan <an...@ichi-corp.jp> on 2005/04/15 07:19:34 UTC

[HELP] encodes special characters automatically?

Hi all,

I got a problem, again :)

when I input special characters like japanese or vietnamese character into <html:text>, <html:text> automatically encodes that characters Decimal NCRs before mapping to bean property.

Example 1:
I input japanese characters: わたし
Before it is mapped to bean property myPro: &#12431;&#12383;&#12375;

Example 2:
I input vietnamese characters: Tối Qua
Before it is mapped to bean property myPro: T?i Qua;

So, I wonder that does <html:text> encodes special character automatically when it find some character like japanese or vietnamese?

plz help me!

Pham

Re: [HELP] encodes special characters automatically?

Posted by Pham Anh Tuan <an...@ichi-corp.jp>.
Thank to delbd for ur reply,

I tried to use acceptCharset attribute in <html:form> tag, but MyEclipse
report something like "there's no attribute called acceptCharset for

I only submit a normal form, with text field, not submit for uploading file.

Can you show me in details about ur solution.

thanks

Pham
Posted by delbd <de...@oma.be>.

Posted by Pham Anh Tuan <an...@ichi-corp.jp>.
but .... there's no Filter attribute in <html:text> :|

Posted by yue pengfei <yu...@gmail.com>.