Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Katiyar, Bhawana" <Bh...@workscape.com> on 2002/03/11 16:34:30 UTC

including SVG in HTML

I want to include SVG graphics in HTML. Is there a way in which svg tags be included inside HTML, the way we do in xsl:fo.
I wish to create SVG graphics dynamically and include in HTML.

Thanks in Advance.
Bhawana

Re: including SVG in HTML

Posted by alex <al...@yahoo.com>.
At 15:34 11/03/2002, Katiyar, Bhawana wrote:
>I want to include SVG graphics in HTML. Is there a way in which svg tags
>be included inside HTML, the way we do in xsl:fo.
>I wish to create SVG graphics dynamically and include in HTML.

Lets consider what you are asking? Are you asking whether you can produce a
page of html with svg tags inside of it? I say no. Not with any tool
because that wouldn't be proper HTML. (AFAIK)

You can however include in your html a *link* to a graphic. This graphics
might be a gif, jpeg, png, or even an SVG file *if* your client browser
supports it. (eg has the Adobe SVG viewer installed).

In any event I don't see what this has to do with FOP.

Alex