Posted to users@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com> on 2017/05/18 20:32:20 UTC

[VOTE] Move Traffic Control to full GitHub

In
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5bdb9b073343f49c1d5b85147eb9d260bf7ad15d61384929993c7e1d@%3Cdev.trafficcontrol.apache.org%3E
Dave
mentioned that we can now move to "full" GitHub. Some more information in
that thread if you are not familiar. I would like to call an official vote
on that.

 [ ] +1 Move Traffic Control to use full GitHub
 [ ]  0 No opinion
 [ ] -1 Do not Move Traffic Control to use full GitHub because...

Rgds,
JvD

Re: [VOTE] Move Traffic Control to full GitHub

Posted by John Rushford <jj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.
I don’t think we can begin moving stuff over until we have write access to the Github repo. It looks like the Issues and Wiki tabs are disabled currently

—Eric

On May 19, 2017, at 11:34 AM, Durfey, Ryan <Ry...@comcast.com>> wrote:

Unless there are any objections:

  *   Ashish and I will begin migrating the conf wiki pages to github on Monday.
     *   We also need to add a release notation to the page titles so we know to which release the discussions apply.
     *   As we copy things over, we will move the existing conf wiki pages under an “Archive” page so we can recover anything missed.
     *   Not sure how easy it will be to pull the bottom of page and in-line comments in some of the conf wiki pages.  We may just copy over some of the more critical or unresolved items and abandon the rest in the conf wiki archive.
  *   Once that is finished we will also work to move the bugs and features over and setup labels.

Ryan Durfey    M | 303-524-5099

From: Jason Tucker <ja...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9:18 AM
To: "users@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org<ma...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org>>
Cc: "dev@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org<ma...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Move Traffic Control to full GitHub

+1

60bf7ad15d61384929993c7e1d@%3Cdev.trafficcontrol.apache.org%3E<mailto:60bf7ad15d61384929993c7e1d@%3Cdev.trafficcontrol.apache.org%3E>

Posted by Jason Tucker <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jason Tucker <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Durfey, Ryan" <Ry...@comcast.com>.
+1
Ashish and I can help with moving the wiki, issues, and feature requests.

Ryan Durfey    M | 303-524-5099

From: "Gelinas, Derek" <De...@comcast.com>
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 2:43 PM
To: "dev@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org" <de...@trafficcontrol.incubator.apache.org>

+1

On May 18, 2017, at 4:42 PM, Jeff Elsloo <je...@gmail.com>> wrote:
+1 on moving.
Jeff
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>> wrote:
+1

Posted by "Gelinas, Derek" <De...@comcast.com>.
+1

Posted by Jeff Elsloo <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 on moving.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Nir Sopher <ni...@qwilt.com>.
+1
As I believe it may improve collaboration and PR workflows.

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Lemmons <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Steve Malenfant <sm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Move Traffic Control to full GitHub

Posted by Chris Lemmons <al...@gmail.com>.
Aye, and we can't call the vote until Sunday at the earliest, to give
everyone time to contribute. We seem to be pretty +1 on the change, but
it's important to give everyone a chance.

Also, I think the +1s here are for Issues, PRs, and Tags in GitHub. I do
believe we'll get access to the Wiki, too, and I think we should seriously
contemplate moving things to the GitHub Wiki as well, but I don't think
these +1s represent a consensus to do that. I'd suggest we table attempts
at Wiki-port consensus until we have a chance to play with the shiny new
GitHub and see what we'd really be getting. GitHub wiki is nice because
it's directly connected and integrated with the rest of the project,
complete with single identity, but it's not as featureful as the wiki we
currently enjoy. We'll want to look carefully to see where we want to go.

Posted by Jan van Doorn <jv...@knutsel.com>.
(hope I'm replying to Ryan re wiki move, Google mail is confusing)

I think we want to hold off on the Wiki. Full Github means just issues and
git work flow in this case.

Posted by Hank Beatty <hb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Dewayne Richardson <de...@gmail.com>.