Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2001/09/23 17:38:31 UTC

Idiots Guide - Site Released!

Hi!

done the first part of cTwIG - the Cocoon Two Idiots Guide.  You can find it
here - http://www.pigbite.com and follow the link, or directly at
http://www.pigbite.co.uk/ctwig/index.htm.  It's still very basic but I fully
intend to put all my experiences, along with any contributed ones, in there
as I go along.  Expect changes and expect changes soon.  I must go know 'cos
I've got a party to attend but no doubt more will be up there in a couple of
days.

Thanks to everyone for their help and supportive comments so far.  I hope
the above meets someones needs other than my own.  BTW - if you find any
dodgy links/typos etc please excuse me and let me know because I really have
done this in a rush!

Regards

Jeremy Aston

Getting Cocoon 1.8.2 working with

Posted by Adrian Geissel <ag...@zenark.com>.
Hi,

I want to use a later build of Xalan (xalan-j_2_0_1.zip) with Cocoon 1.8.2

I've tried dropping in the appropriate JARs from Xalan (xalan.jar,
xalanj1compat.jar) - replacing the Xalan JAR that came with the
distribution, but I get the following stack-trace:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating "
org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer" :
java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/cocoon/transformer/XalanTransformer, method: transform signature:
(Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;Ljava/lang/St
ring;Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;Ljava/util/Dictionary;)Lorg/w3c/dom/Document;)
Incompatible object apÒy
 at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:124)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.<init>(Engine.java:152)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:232)
 at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:157)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
 at
7)
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
 at
onnectionHandler.java:210)
 at
 at
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Is there something else that I need to do?
Are there any suggestions are gratefully welcomed.
Many thanks,
Adrian

RE: Idiots Guide - Site Released!

Posted by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Please see http://www.pigbite.co.uk/ctwig/index.htm.

Regards

Jeremy

Posted by Antony Stace <an...@claire.co.jp>.
Where is this web site?

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Jeremy Aston wrote:

> Hi!

> done the first part of cTwIG - the Cocoon Two Idiots Guide.  You can find it
> here - http://www.pigbite.com and follow the link, or directly at
> http://www.pigbite.co.uk/ctwig/index.htm.  It's still very basic but I fully
> intend to put all my experiences, along with any contributed ones, in there
> as I go along.  Expect changes and expect changes soon.  I must go know 'cos
> I've got a party to attend but no doubt more will be up there in a couple of
> days.
>
> Thanks to everyone for their help and supportive comments so far.  I hope
> the above meets someones needs other than my own.  BTW - if you find any
> dodgy links/typos etc please excuse me and let me know because I really have
> done this in a rush!

Looks quite good so far. I hope you've written it in the
xdocs/dtd/document-v10.dtd so we can integrate it into the common
documentation for C2.

Giacomo