Posted to rivet-user@tcl.apache.org by "Jim M. McNamara" <3r...@verizon.net> on 2005/04/10 14:32:17 UTC

re: error log rivet apache install problem

	hi-

	what a pain in the neck this one was.
i got apache and rivet installed .  sometimes i'd put in localhost/whatever.???
and it would work.  sometimes not.  it was intermittent.  sometimes html
wouldnt work  and sometimes a .rvt file wouldnt work.

so i though what the hell is going on?
i read a message that said server or dns error.
now i know when i read that i am in trouble because i dont pretend to know
about that stuff.  but i did remember an interface that came with my new router
when i went to dsl.  i went into the interface and found dns and found that
they are using an address that is not 127.0.0.1
now i just put in the address in the web interface with the slash
and file name and it works every time.

this really wore me out.  i am going to crash now.

great job with the binary install !!
thanks again,
jim

Re: error log rivet apache install problem

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"Jim M. McNamara" <3r...@verizon.net> writes:

> 	what a pain in the neck this one was.  i got apache and rivet
> installed .  sometimes i'd put in localhost/whatever.???  and it
> would work.  sometimes not.  it was intermittent.  sometimes html
> wouldnt work and sometimes a .rvt file wouldnt work.

> so i though what the hell is going on?  i read a message that said
> server or dns error.  now i know when i read that i am in trouble
> because i dont pretend to know about that stuff.  but i did remember
> an interface that came with my new router when i went to dsl.  i
> went into the interface and found dns and found that they are using
> an address that is not 127.0.0.1 now i just put in the address in
> the web interface with the slash and file name and it works every
> time.

> this really wore me out.  i am going to crash now.
>
> great job with the binary install !!

Glad you got everything up and running.  For future questions, the
rivet-dev list is the best one to use as more people follow it.  We
ought to put something to that effect on the web page I suppose...

--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Apache, Linux, Tcl Consulting
 - http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: error log rivet apache install problem

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.