Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Tsui, Alban" <Al...@COGNOS.com> on 2003/12/01 15:34:49 UTC

right to left language - e.g. arabic, hebrew

Hi

I am using cocoon 2.0.3 to render utf-8 pages for many differnt languages.
How would I add support for right to left languages?

Basically I need something to reorder the td tags for tables so that items
will become going from right to left ... similary for those align attributes
from right to left. etc. Is there such a transform available in cocoon just
before i serialise my xml into html? (I have many nested tables... so I
don't want to write my codes but simply transform the final output...) What
I am thinking of having a flag to switch this feature on and off.

Any info would be appreciated because I know little on this right to left
language issue. Also since the page is in utf-8 encoding is there a way to
tell the browser to flow from right to left by default?

Cheers
AT

Re: right to left language - e.g. arabic, hebrew

Posted by Hassan Abolhassani <ns...@ybb.ne.jp>.
right to left language - e.g. arabic, hebrewFor right to left languages you
don't need to change order of <td> entries. You only need to specify to the
browser that your page is for a right to left language and then everything
is mirrored. To do that your html tag should look something like below:

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions about right to left
languages I maybe able to provide some help.

Regards,
Hassan

  I am using cocoon 2.0.3 to render utf-8 pages for many differnt languages.
How would I add support for right to left languages?

  Basically I need something to reorder the td tags for tables so that items
will become going from right to left ... similary for those align attributes
from right to left. etc. Is there such a transform available in cocoon just
before i serialise my xml into html? (I have many nested tables... so I
don't want to write my codes but simply transform the final output...) What
I am thinking of having a flag to switch this feature on and off.

  Any info would be appreciated because I know little on this right to left
language issue. Also since the page is in utf-8 encoding is there a way to
tell the browser to flow from right to left by default?

  Cheers
  AT

  This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If
you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient,
you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any