Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com> on 2004/12/22 21:33:18 UTC

Target browser support for 1.2.1

Hi folks,

While testing lenya-1.2.1 I notice that the main authoring drop down
menus do not work in IE.  Is this a known problem?  My understanding
is that we support IE everywhere except for the BXE editor.  Do we
have a target list of browsers we want to support?

--
JP

Re: Target browser support for 1.2.1

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 21:33, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> While testing lenya-1.2.1 I notice that the main authoring drop down
> menus do not work in IE.

Works for me. Which Lenya and Cocoon version do you use? Is your problem
reproduceable on the demo server?

> Is this a known problem?  My understanding
> is that we support IE everywhere except for the BXE editor.  Do we
> have a target list of browsers we want to support?
--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: Target browser support for 1.2.1

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Jue, 23 de Diciembre de 2004, 10:35, Jean Pierre LeJacq dijo:
> I've just upgraded my IE to XPsp2.

I hope MS will bless you! ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Target browser support for 1.2.1

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> > > Yes.
> >
> > I can not confirm this problem.
> >
> > I use
> >
> > * Cocoon 2.1.5.1
> > * Jetty
> > * Lenya from trunk and the pre release archives
>
> This was against your test server.  I'll try again.  I've just
> upgraded my IE to XPsp2.

Latest version of IE seems to work fine.  I'm not sure what the
problem was.  If no one else can confirm, I suggest we ignore.

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 16:26, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
> > Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > While testing lenya-1.2.1 I notice that the main authoring drop down
> > > menus do not work in IE.  Is this a known problem?  My understanding
> > > is that we support IE everywhere except for the BXE editor.  Do we
> > > have a target list of browsers we want to support?
> >
> > are you saying the lenya menus do no longer work in ie?
>
> Yes.

I can not confirm this problem.

I use

* Cocoon 2.1.5.1
* Jetty
* Lenya from trunk and the pre release archives
--
Rolf Kulemann                              Tel.   +49 (0) 5132 82 48 16
Rethmarstr. 12, 31275 Lehrte, Germany      Fax    +49 (0) 721 151 20 76 19

Re: Target browser support for 1.2.1

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com
Apache Lenya                              http://lenya.apache.org

Re: Requirement for cookies in lenya-1.2.1

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> When testing with
>
>   http://olr.kbs.uni-hannover.de:8888/default/
>
> the sitetree in the site tab only displays if cookies are enabled.
> I'm testing with firefox.
>
> I did not think that cookies is a requirement to use lenya.  Can
> someone confirm.  If true, this is a bug.  If not, we need to
> document this requirement.

its not a bug. its how the sitetree js is implemented.