Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mikael Lundgren <mi...@leanon.se> on 2003/12/01 16:06:55 UTC

Ant classpath and Maven repository

Hi,

yet again what seems to be a simple query but for which I can't find the
answer...

I'm trying to create a maven.xml goal that uses functionality that
exists in a maven plugin (but which isn't exploited). I did manage to
change the actual plugin (ie the plugin.jelly file) to alter the
behaviour in the way I wanted, but changing the plugin like that is not
what I had in mind.

In the maven.xml file however I can't seem to understand how I can build
a classpath to the jars that are necessary. The only thing I can come up
with is adding the plugins i'm interested in to the dependencies in the
pom... which obvioulsy is't what I intended (this would be done by using
something along the lines of pom.getDependencyPath(...)).

Oh, btw... I'm trying to add a simple CPD report to my project from the
PMD plugin... So if anyone already did this... well... I'd be interested ;-)

So, basically what I'm asking is: how do I create a classpath to a
plugin (or repository) jar from within maven.xml?

Thanks
/Mikael Lundgren

Re: Ant classpath and Maven repository

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
What's not possible?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Mikael Lundgren <mi...@leanon.se> wrote on 02/12/2003 05:49:43
AM:

Posted by Mikael Lundgren <mi...@leanon.se>.
 From reading the sources it would seem that what i wanted to achieve
isn't really possible.

So... i wrote my own very first maven plugin instead. It is totally
unsofisticated and only barely does what I wanted it to... but hey,
small steps.

Cheers!

/Mikael Lundgren

Re: Ant classpath and Maven repository

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Why not just tailor the pmd plugin using properties?

Here's a snippet from one of our project.properties files:

maven.pmd.rulesetfiles=${basedir}/../GeneralCommon/pmd.xml,\
  rulesets/basic.xml,\
  rulesets/unusedcode.xml,\
  rulesets/imports.xml,\
  rulesets/codesize.xml,\
  rulesets/coupling.xml,\
  rulesets/design.xml,\
  rulesets/strings.xml

Note the first entry is a file for our customising of pmd and has this in
it:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<ruleset name="Hidden">
  <description>
The Favorites ruleset contains links to rules that I like to use.  Usually
combine this ruleset with the unusedcode.xml, basic.xml, and import.xml
rulesets for my projects.
This ruleset also serves as an example of do a custom ruleset.
  </description>

  <rule ref="rulesets/controversial.xml/UnnecessaryConstructorRule"/>
  <rule ref="rulesets/controversial.xml/NullAssignment"/>
  <rule ref="rulesets/controversial.xml/AssignmentInOperandRule"/>

  <rule ref="rulesets/naming.xml">
    <exclude name="ShortVariable"/>
    <exclude name="LongVariable"/>
  </rule>

</ruleset>

Does this help at all?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Mikael Lundgren <mi...@leanon.se> wrote on 03/12/2003 09:18:03
AM:

Posted by Mikael Lundgren <mi...@leanon.se>.

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> Can't you just use and tailor the PMD plugin?
>
> That's what I do.
> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/

Re: Ant classpath and Maven repository

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Can't you just use and tailor the PMD plugin?

That's what I do.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Mikael Lundgren <mi...@leanon.se> wrote on 02/12/2003 02:06:55