Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Casey <pa...@adelphia.net> on 2005/08/17 18:42:49 UTC

Slightly OT, General HTML Form Question

            Hi folks,

            I was wondering if anyone out there had found a way to solve a
particular problem I've been dancing around for the last few weeks.

            I've got a big form e.g.

            <form>

                        // lots of widgets

                        // one little widget

                        // lots more widgets

            </form>

            Sometimes, I need to submit the big "uber" form in all its 30
widgets worth of glory.

            Sometimes though, if the user pushes, for example, "add new
email address", all I really want to do is submit the "emailAddress" widget,
add the address to the Set on the server, and then re-render the page. In
the best of all possible worlds, I'd like to be able to do this:

            <form id="one" >

                        // lots of widgets

                        <form id="two" >

                                    // one little widget

                        </form>

                        // lots more widgets

            </form>

            As we all know though, that's a non starter in HTML :-).

            Can anyone suggest a way I can "stuff" a small form inside a
larger one? I was thinking perhaps I could do something with CSS and
positioning? I'm not the world's best CSS guy unfortunately (I still table
layout virtually everything), but is there any way to do something like:

            <form id="one" >

                        // lots of widgets

                        // lots more widgets

            </form>