Posted to user@flink.apache.org by LM Kang <mi...@126.com> on 2022/02/09 16:11:57 UTC

Question about both using managed memory with RocksDB and tuning other options

Hi community,

According to the docs of Flink and RocksDB, if we set `state.backend.rocksdb.memory.managed` option to `true`, the memory budget of memtable and block cache will be controlled by WriteBufferManager and Cache, according to the given ratios.

Based on this premise, how will the other related parameters (e.g. block size / block cache size / write buffer count / write buffer size) be set? Do they just keep their own default values, or actively set new values by WriteBufferManager?

Furthermore, if we arbitrarily set these parameters or configure PredefinedOptions (e.g. in SPINNING_DISK_OPTIMIZED_HIGH_MEM, the block cache size is 256MB), will these parameters take effect? If they do, how can we ensure that they agree with WriteBufferManager?

Many thanks.