Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/23 16:45:41 UTC

Re: svn commit: r423444 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/httpd-proxy-scoreboard/modules/mem: ./ Makefile.in config5.m4 mod_plainmem.c mod_scoreboard.c mod_sharedmem.c slotmem.h

Brian Akins wrote:

> Jean-frederic Clere wrote:
>
>> Do you mean the proxy back-end connections?
>

> I am thinking of a more general purpose "slotmem" not particularly
> tied to proxy.  Maybe have some "wrapper" functions that create a
> "slotmem" based on threads x procs and can be access using
> r->connection. (internally slotmem could use r->connection->id).

What was your idea? To have informations about the lastest requests?

The places where the slomem could be used usely are un the worker and
the process (servers and parent of the structure). should I go on
investigating this or there is no interest?

Another place were the slotmem could be used is in mod_jk and mod_proxy:
to store the sessionid to allow proxying back-end that aren't allow to
support a feature like the TC jvmroute. Comments there?

Cheers

Jean-Fredeirc