Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael S Pallos <mp...@gte.net> on 2005/12/04 02:56:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Error on start

I have installed Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 10.  The httpd is not starting up
and the error_log reports the following:

(22) Invalid argument: setgid: unable to set group id to Group 4294967295.

Any ideas?

Re: [users@httpd] Error on start

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 12/3/05, Michael S Pallos <mp...@gte.net> wrote:

> I have installed Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 10.  The httpd is not starting up
> and the error_log reports the following:
>

> (22) Invalid argument: setgid: unable to set group id to Group 4294967295.

Open httpd.conf.  Find the line starting in "Group" and give it a real
group on your system.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] Re: Error on start

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
Michael S Pallos wrote:
> I have installed Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 10.  The httpd is not starting
> up
> and the error_log reports the following:

> (22) Invalid argument: setgid: unable to set group id to Group 4294967295.

Your 'Group' directive probably points to a non-existing group.

Joost