Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave Warchol <Wa...@harthosp.org> on 2002/02/05 15:34:24 UTC

FrontPage 2002 Extensions

Hello:
          We are in the planning phase for migrating one of our environments from NT/IIS to Linux/Apache.  Among other requirements, the new environment needs to support ASP and FrontPage 2002.   We are looking at Chili!ASP.  Based on the documentation available, the following looks like the dependency matrix:

Product                                          Linux                    Apache
―-----------                                          ―--------                   ―------------
Chili!ASP                                        RH 7.0/6.2          v1.3.14,v1.3.12
FrontPage 2002 Extensions           RH 7.0/6.2          v1.3.19,v1.3.20,v1.3.22

Will FrontPage 2002 run under a lower release of Apache?  Will Chili!ASP run under a later release of Apache?  Will either run under a later release, say 7.2, of Red Hat.  If this isn't the forum, where is the best place to ask these questions.

Thanks much,
Dave

Re: FrontPage 2002 Extensions

Posted by Webmaster <we...@rolysvirtualpets.com>.
I agree, use Dreamweaver if you need a WYSIWYG publishing tool or write
your own HTML!

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.
Dave,

Posted by Webmaster <we...@rolysvirtualpets.com>.
Older Apaches should work. The FrontPage extension should work under
1.3.12+ (i saw one on 1.3.9 the other day but that was FP 2000!) if you
get them from http://www.rtr.com