Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Abdallah Deeb <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/21 11:30:22 UTC

using a diffrent EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE

Hello,

I am having a problem changing the objectbase file
name: _base.epl.
The system is working when this file exists. I am
having a "File not found" when I change the
EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE to another filename, i.e.:

PerSetEvn EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.htm

I am using the
Apache-2.0.39/mod_perl-1.99.04/Embperl-2.0b8
all compiled on Mandrake 8.2

I saw a similar problem solved earlier on this list,
but I can't find it ... thank you for your help.

Abdallah Deeb

Re: configure Embperl with mod_perl 2 (was: using a diffrent EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE)

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> I didn't send this to the list, as I thought it would be annoying to the
> others to get the same question twice. please forward if you see fit.

Other may run into the same trouble, so it's good to keep this discussion on
the list. This saves me from answering the same questions over and over
again.

> I checked the httpd.conf, and no there is no ClearModuleList anywhere in
the
> file. In fact I am using the same file from the Apache2..0.39 distribution
> adding the directives I need.

I didn't was aware that you are running Apache 2. In this case you have to
addtionaly load Embperl.so into your httpd.conf. (You can't know this,
because it's not documented yet):

Here is what I just added to the docs (not online yet):

For B<mod_perl 2.0> you need addtionaly to load the dynamic object library
of Embperl. This is
necessary so Embperl is loaded early enough to register the configuration
directives
with Apache. After installing, search underneath your Perl site directory
for the
library. On Unix it is mostly called F<Embperl.so> on Windows it is called
C<Embperl.dll>.
Now add the following line to your httpd.conf B<before> any of the Embperl
configuration
directives, but B<after> F<mod_perl.so> is loaded:

    LoadModule  embperl_module  /path/to/perl/site/lib/Embperl/Embperl.so

Gerald

Re: using a diffrent EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I get the error:
> Syntax error on line 11076 of httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'EMBPERL_OPTIONS', perhaps mis-spelled
> or defined by a module not included in the server
> configuration

I guess you have a ClearModuleList directive somewhere in your httpd.conf.
Embperl 2.0b8 configuration does work, when you clear the Apache modules
list. I hope to fix it for the next release. Could you try without the
ClearModuleList?

Posted by Abdallah Deeb <ab...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you for the help,

my next question lies in the same area, I feel it's a
misconfiguration issue and I hope it won't bother
people on this list if it's outside the scope.

I am loading Embperl from a startup script
(Apache2/mod_perl2)
---in httpd.conf
PerlRequire /path/startup.pl
 EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16

---in startup.pl
use Embperl;

I get the error:
Syntax error on line 11076 of httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'EMBPERL_OPTIONS', perhaps mis-spelled
or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration

if I put PerlSetEnv in front of it no error is
reported. Still, I don't get the result I want
(original error (EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE stuck to
_base.epl!)

What's going wrong ?

Thank  you for the help

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.