Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Renaud Delbru <re...@deri.org> on 2008/02/02 03:47:55 UTC

Querying multiple dynamicField

Hi,

We would like to know if there is an efficient way to query multiple
dynamicField at the same time, using wildcard in the field name. For
example, we have a list of dynamic fields "sentence_*" and we would like
to execute a query on all the "sentence_*" fields.
Is there a way to execute such queries on Solr 1.3 / Lucene 2.3 ?

Regards.

--
Renaud Delbru

Re: Querying multiple dynamicField

Posted by Renaud Delbru <re...@deri.org>.
The idea was to keep separated a certain number of lines (or sentences)
in a document without using the GapPosition trick between field
instances. I found that the use of multiple dynamic fields is a cleaner
and generic approach.
By using the copyField, I duplicate data inside the index but I loose
also the line distinction.

I think the addition of wildcards in the field name can be a good
addition to the Solr features. This will give us the ability to query
only a certain "type" of dynamic field (typeA_*, typeB_*, etc.).

Regards.

--
Renaud Delbru,
E.C.S., Ph.D. Student,

RE: Querying multiple dynamicField

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
sorry, nothing currently will do that.

There is discussion about how to do it, but nothing concrete
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldAliasesAndGlobsInParams