Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2007/02/12 22:33:29 UTC

RE: Tomcat 4.0 on UNIX: no /bin directory in $CATALINA_HOME, and JSPcompilation errors

> From: Daniel Gresh [mailto:dgresh@lle.rochester.edu]
> Subject: Tomcat 4.0 on UNIX: no /bin directory in
> $CATALINA_HOME, and JSPcompilation errors
>
> I assume this is a major problem. If so, should I re-install
> Tomcat (and update to Tomcat 6.0 while I'm at it)?

You may well have some bizarre 3rd-party packaging of Tomcat, which
frequently makes a mess of the installation.  Since 4.0.5 is over four
years old, you should definitely upgrade.  6.0 is still beta, but if
you're just using it to learn, it's probably a good choice.  Use 5.5.20
if you want a more proven version.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.