Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/26 22:12:13 UTC

Seeing trunk build error after recent changes to remove backport-util-concurrent

Trying to build trunk Rev522511 on WinXP with a clean .m2 repo and
getting the following error -

[INFO]----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Geronimo Configs :: RMI Naming
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]----------------------------------------------------------------------------
. . . <snip>
[INFO]------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Could
not find getGBeanInfo method on org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.GlobalContextGBean
edu/emory/mathcs/backport/java/util/concurrent/locks/Lock

Adding backport-util-concurrent back into configs/rmi-naming/pom.xml
fixes this build failure, but then the J2EE Client config fails for the
same reason....

Is anyone else seeing this build failure???

-Donald

Re: Seeing trunk build error after recent changes to remove backport-util-concurrent

Posted by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com>.
Never mind, it's working now...  For some reason, it was still using the
3/23 snapshot level of XBean instead of grabbing the latest 3/24 version.

-Donald

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Chances are you have an old xbean-naming 3.0-SNAPSHOT.  This weekend
xbean/trunk was moved to build with Java 5 and the backport jar was
dropped as a dependency.  I published new snaps right after the
change was made.

Though David Jencks did bring up a point about backport being needed
on the client's config anyways if some jms muck was needed, so
perhaps we need to add it back to the client car, but it shouldn't be
needed for rmi-naming anymore for sure.

--jason

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
I didn't hit this.  (I refreshed my trunk at around 3pm EST).

I didn't cleaned my entire .m2 repo either (just cleaned aixs2 and openejb).

Lin