Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by VI <vi...@vizo.com> on 2004/08/05 09:05:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.50 / Turkish Characters

Hi,

I am trying to build a small intranet webserver on Windows XP Professional
with Mysql, Apache 2.0.50 and PHP 4.3.8.

I use IE 6 for viewing the pages but I cannot initially get the Turkish
characters on the web pages (even the most basic html page) although I use
meta tags for character set definiton.

The meta tags I use are:

<META http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1254">
<META http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-9">
<META http-equiv="content-language" content="TR">

I have to change the encoding of the web page to Turkish windows or ISO
everytime.

There must be a way to overcome this.

Thanks for the help.

Veli Izzet