Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Matias Gomez Carabias <ma...@nixor.com.ar> on 2006/01/12 18:06:25 UTC

Rendering Question

Hi guys, how's going. I have the following question.

I have a table with some checkboxes that hold a state and It's correctly
updated in the form submit. My problem is that I have to show the first
record selected in a new page when a button is pressed.
Just to test, y put an output text rendering the value of a string in a
backing bean that holds the value of the record selected. In the backing
bean called by the button pressed I do all the collection processing to
get the one selected and set it to the the backing bean that holds the
string.
The problem is that the actionmethod is called and executed correctly,
but the javascript.open Is executed before the backing method so I get a
delay and the results shown are not as expected.
To make it more simple.

A button calls a backing bean via an action attribute and a javascript
open in the onclick. What I need is that the new window opened via
javascript to render a value set in the bean via the action method
called.

Am I missing something? Is my approach completely wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Matias