Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by recursion <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2009/06/15 12:34:01 UTC

What is the future of Webadmin

Hi,

I found an article about webadmin@OpenEJB:
http://openejb.apache.org/webadmin.html. Can you please tell me what is the
future of this tool ? Why isn't it available in OpenEJB 3.1.1 ? (Or is it ?
)

Re: What is the future of Webadmin

Posted by recursion <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your answer!

Actually my question was a little bit dull since its obvious that there must
be a web container involved if you want a good looking GUI for administering
your EJBs, after all it has to run somewhere as a web application.

Maybe a desktop GUI application (in a Swing style for instance) for
administering and monitoring all deployed EJBs is worth considering ?

recursion.

Re: What is the future of Webadmin

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jun 15, 2009, at 3:34 AM, recursion wrote:

> I found an article about webadmin@OpenEJB:
> http://openejb.apache.org/webadmin.html. Can you please tell me what
> is the
> future of this tool ? Why isn't it available in OpenEJB 3.1.1 ? (Or
> is it ?
> )

There's still nothing like this in the OpenEJB standalone
distribution, but there is a trimmed down version that is up-to-date
and working in the OpenEJB Tomcat integration (openejb.war).  It
doesn't have the autodiscovery of new "WebAdmin" beans as that
document describes but it is certainly something we can add.

As far as priorities we tend to work on the things that get requested
the most (or at all).  If this is something you want we can certainly
bump it up.

-David