Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/17 09:19:01 UTC

build failure - problem with etc/explicit_versions.properties ?

I'm getting a build failure where the "configurations Configuration for
the J2EE Client" build fails with

<SNIP>
Caused by:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException: Unable
to resolve dependency org.apache.geronimo.specs/
geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec/1.0/jar
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationResolver.resolve(ConfigurationResolver.java:112)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.buildClassPath(Configuration.java:397)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.createConfigurationClasssLoader(Configuration.java:322)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:267)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.load(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:321)

I noticed that the etc/explicit_versions.properties file has the entry:

    org.apache.geronimo.specs///=1.0

Should this be 1.1-SNAPSHOT as it doesn't seem to match what is in
etc/project.properties (1.1-SNAPSHOT)?

John

Re: build failure - problem with etc/explicit_versions.properties ?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On May 17, 2006, at 12:19 AM, John Sisson wrote:

> I'm getting a build failure where the "configurations Configuration
> for the J2EE Client" build fails with
>
> <SNIP>
> Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
> Unable to resolve dependency org.apache.geronimo.specs/
> geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec/1.0/jar
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationResolver.resolve
> (ConfigurationResolver.java:112)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.buildClassPath
> (Configuration.java:397)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.createConfigurationCla
> sssLoader(Configuration.java:322)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.<init>
> (Configuration.java:267)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.load
> (SimpleConfigurationManager.java:321)
>

> I noticed that the etc/explicit_versions.properties file has the
> entry:
>
>    org.apache.geronimo.specs///=1.0
>
> Should this be 1.1-SNAPSHOT as it doesn't seem to match what is in
> etc/project.properties (1.1-SNAPSHOT)?

no :-)

I think Kevan was working on this yesterday.  Most of the specs
should be at 1.0, which is what that entry is for.  The 1.1-SNAPSHOT
specs need explicit entries like

org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-j2ee_1.4_spec//jar=1.1-SNAPSHOT

I believe he found a lot of errors such as leaviing off the type.

I think the best plan would be to write something that would generate
an explicit_versions.properties from the project.xml files filled in
with project.properties, and have only these fully specified
versions.  However I haven't had time to do this and it might be
reasonable to wait until m2.

thanks
david jencks