Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Reyes, Mark" <Ma...@bpiedu.com> on 2013/11/26 19:24:49 UTC

Client-side proxy for Solr 4.5.0

Are there any GOOD client-side solutions to proxy a Solr 4.5.0 instance so that the end-user can see  their queries w/o being able to directly access :8983?

Applications/frameworks used:
- Solr 4.5.0
- AJAX Solr (javascript library)

Thank you,
Mark

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages sent from Bridgepoint Education may contain information that is confidential and may be legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.

Re: Client-side proxy for Solr 4.5.0

Posted by Guido Medina <gu...@temetra.com>.
Mark,

As a 2nd thought, maybe, I was just focusing on what I thought you
needed initially which is allow client to query solr and at the same
time restrict specific request parameters, both apache and a any rich
transparent proxy can do the job easily, apache can rewrite the URL and
map only what you want to expose, same as a transparent proxy. For me I
find easier to use Apache web server.

HTH,

Guido.

Posted by Guido Medina <gu...@temetra.com>.

Posted by "Reyes, Mark" <Ma...@bpiedu.com>.

Posted by "Ing. Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez" <jl...@uci.cu>.
Perhaps what you want is a transparent proxy? You could use nginx, squid, varnish, etc. W've been evaluating varnish as a posibility to run in front of our solr server and take advantage of the HTTP caching that varnish does so well.

Greetings!

Enviados: Martes, 26 de Noviembre 2013 13:53:31
Asunto: RE: Client-side proxy for Solr 4.5.0

III Escuela Internacional de Invierno en la UCI del 17 al 28 de febrero del 2014. Ver www.uci.cu

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.