Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Shara Shi <sh...@dhgate.com> on 2012/09/05 05:38:38 UTC

avrosource and avrosink

Who can suggest me the maximum number of avro sinks can be served by one
avro source?

Dose it related to avro source threads and keepalive parameters?

The scenarios is lots of avro sinks with small amount of data.

Shara

Re: avrosource and avrosink

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Shara,

An AvroSource can scale up to accommodate many AvroSink connections. In
some of our testing we have tried out rations ranging from 4:1 to 24:1.  As
long as there is enough hardware capacity in the host where the AvroSource
is running, it should not be a problem.

That said, your best bet is to try out your deployment plan in staging and
test it for performance before going production.

Regards,
Arvind Prabhakar