Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ch...@emc.com on 2012/05/29 18:06:47 UTC

timestamped and non-timestamped snapshots in repo together

We're having problems with a build not being able to download snapshots from nexus.  We use timestamped snapshots, but I noticed that there are also non-timestamped, i.e. they just say myArtifact-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, in there.  I belive these came from someone doing a "redploy artifacts" from an older version of nexus.

Would this be expected to cause problems?

RE: timestamped and non-timestamped snapshots in repo together

Posted by Ch...@emc.com.

> I think it's more of a Nexus question as it depends on what's in the maven-
> metadata.xml file. Maven never scraps the folders but uses the metadata.
>
> What error do you get? Why not just remove the non-timestamped
> Snapshots? Or, just wipe all the Snapshots and issue new build of them giving
> you nice, timestamped, unique Snpashots.

The error said the it couldn't find the artifact in any repositories, and ends with recommending that you download the artifacts from the website and install it in your local repo.  However, the URL in the output line about trying to download it would actually be valid, and even work if you copied it into a browser for instance.  Anyhow, I think I have it fixed now.  I believe the issue was a "corrupt" index.  Or perhaps out of date.  I re-indexed and everything works.

Re: timestamped and non-timestamped snapshots in repo together

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I think it's more of a Nexus question as it depends on what's in the
maven-metadata.xml file. Maven never scraps the folders but uses the
metadata.

What error do you get? Why not just remove the non-timestamped
Snapshots? Or, just wipe all the Snapshots and issue new build of them
giving you nice, timestamped, unique Snpashots.

/Anders

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
On Tue, May 29, 2012 9:06 am, Chad.Davis@emc.com wrote:
> We're having problems with a build not being able to download snapshots
> from nexus.  We use timestamped snapshots, but I noticed that there are
> also non-timestamped, i.e. they just say myArtifact-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, in
> there.  I belive these came from someone doing a "redploy artifacts" from
> an older version of nexus.
>
> Would this be expected to cause problems?

At a minimum it is unexpected to be like that in a repository server. I
would suggest to remove the ones without timestamp..

manfred