Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Bernhard Messer <bm...@apache.org> on 2005/12/01 23:03:09 UTC

org.apache.lucene.index.store.FSDirectoryTest not runnning with "ant test"

Erik,

do you have any idea why "org.apache.lucene.index.store.FSDirectoryTest"
is not running when "ant test" is called. As far as i understand the
common-build.xml, all testcases where the classname starts or ends with
"Test" should run.

thanks
 Bernhard

Re: org.apache.lucene.index.store.FSDirectoryTest not runnning with "ant test"

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Dec 1, 2005, at 5:03 PM, Bernhard Messer wrote:
> do you have any idea why
> "org.apache.lucene.index.store.FSDirectoryTest" is not running when
> "ant test" is called. As far as i understand the common-build.xml,
> all testcases where the classname starts or ends with "Test" should
> run.

Because we have several files named *Test.java that are not actually
TestCase's, build.xml overrides the common-build.xml pattern to only
use Test*.java rather than both.  And unfortunately <junit> is too
retarded to avoid running non-TestCase classes.

I've just renamed FSDirectoryTest, as well as StringHelperTest.
Thanks for alerting us!

	Erik