Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nir Nußbaum <ni...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/15 19:10:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Can I add "personal" data into WEB-INF/web.xml?

Hi,

Is it possible to add more info into WEB-INF/web.xml?
What I need to do is storing an array of directories in the application
memory so I can retrieve it by various web pages without reading them again
and again from a file.
Is it possible to do it? How can it be retrieved? (I write in Java, JSP).
Thanks Nir.

Re: [users@httpd] Can I add "personal" data into WEB-INF/web.xml?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/15/06, Nir Nußbaum <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to add more info into WEB-INF/web.xml?
> What I need to do is storing an array of directories in the application
> memory so I can retrieve it by various web pages without reading them again
> and again from a file.
> Is it possible to do it? How can it be retrieved? (I write in Java, JSP).
> Thanks Nir.

I'd guess you are in the wrong forum.  This is a list for the Apache
HTTP Server.  It sounds like you are looking for help with Java
sevlets.  Perhaps you want Apache Tomcat?
http://tomcat.apache.org/findhelp.html

Joshua.