Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com> on 2001/11/17 05:09:15 UTC

Torque Performance

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience to share with regards to the performance of
Torque, compared to other OR frameworks (Castor, Osage, Toplink, Cocobase
come to mind), as well as with native SQL code?

Though Torque has only recently been decoupled (and not even formally so)
from Turbine, I understand there's a reasonably healthy group of developers
who use it stand-alone...so any experience would be appreciated.

If any benchmarks have been done, that'd be great too...

Thanks

Regards,
Kelvin

Re: [torque] Bug in OM Generation

Posted by Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com>.
Forgot to add that this was found using the current CVS build of Torque.

Re: Torque Performance

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 11/16/01 11:09 PM, "Kelvin Tan" <ke...@relevanz.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any experience to share with regards to the performance of
> Torque, compared to other OR frameworks (Castor, Osage, Toplink, Cocobase
> come to mind), as well as with native SQL code?

Don't know yet. We are working on a testbed at the moment and as part of the
testbed some simple benchmarks will be added.

> Though Torque has only recently been decoupled (and not even formally so)

There is no release, no. Not until the testbed is finished (I feel like I'm
repeating myself).

> from Turbine, I understand there's a reasonably healthy group of developers
> who use it stand-alone...so any experience would be appreciated.
>
> If any benchmarks have been done, that'd be great too...
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards,
> Kelvin

jvz.