Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christian Lerrahn <li...@penpal4u.net> on 2008/09/25 18:46:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Not logging certain requests

Hi,
is there a way to configure Apache as to not log requests from certain
IP addresses? I'd like to make sure that mirroring by a certain machine
does not show up in my log files because my site has plenty of files
and I will clog up a lot of logs with mirroring if I log as usual.

Cheers,
Christian

Re: [users@httpd] Not logging certain requests

Posted by Christian Lerrahn <li...@penpal4u.net>.
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:54:10 +0200
Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net> wrote:

> Christian Lerrahn wrote:
> > is there a way to configure Apache as to not log requests from
> > certain IP addresses?
>
> Yes, conditional logging is what you're looking for.
>
> SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "the\.ip\.address\.here" dontlog
> CustomLog /where/you/want/your/log combined env=!dontlog

Thanks. That works like a charm. :)

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.
Christian Lerrahn wrote:
> is there a way to configure Apache as to not log requests from certain
> IP addresses?

Yes, conditional logging is what you're looking for.

SetEnvIf Remote_Addr "the\.ip\.address\.here" dontlog
CustomLog /where/you/want/your/log combined env=!dontlog

Davide

--
SysAdmin is always right, I will listen to SysAdmin. I will not ignore
SysAdmin's recommendations.  SysAdmin is god. And if this ever happens