Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/25 17:44:56 UTC

[VOTE] Project Wiki

Hi all

I propose to use a Wiki for our project site (we can still link it to other
resources such as JavaDoc and maven site). The question is should we go for
- Confluence
- Moin Moin

I prefer confluence, so +1 for confluence. Other opinions?

Cheers,
Anatole

--
*Anatole Tresch*
Java Engineer & Architect, JSR Spec Lead

*Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1*
*Twitter:  @atsticks*
*Blogs: **http://javaremarkables.blogspot.ch/
<http://javaremarkables.blogspot.ch/>*

*Google: atsticksMobile  +41-76 344 62 79*

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
I am pretty sure that there are quite a few helping hands for asciidoc integration into our CMS. All the svnpubsub doesn't require markdown. It's just that this is provided out of the box. But basically all stuff you can trigger with a perl script is just fine. Maybe we need to ping infra to install a few bits to our buildfarm.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
@john:
#1 it isn't that clear how long the wikis will be around at all
#2 you have a lot of overhead to moderate a wiki
#3 the version history isn't that nice
#4 all wikis we could use are very slow (on a regular basis - e.g. due to
high load)

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I got the wiki space from infra -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TAMAYA/Tamaya+Home

Please register when you get a chance and I can grant karma as appropriate.

John

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Anatole Tresch <an...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I believe CMS was chosen.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
@john:

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
+1 Thanks John!

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark/all

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
You could take a quick look at the DeltaSpike CMS setup. It's basically all in SVN.

And then we also need to ping infra via JIRA that they should enable it.

There are a few docs
http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html
http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheCms2010

>From the usage it boils down that you just go to a random Apache page and click a bookmark which contains a small javascript. This will then prompt your credentials you can edit online.

Or you just checkout the page via SVN and edit offline + commit when you are finished. Buildbot will then take the changes and stages it. After a review you can then publish your changes via a simple click.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Anatole Tresch <at...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi anatole,

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by "Oliver B. Fischer" <o....@swe-blog.net>.
+1 for the CMS.

--
N Oliver B. Fischer
A Schönhauser Allee 64, 10437 Berlin, Deutschland/Germany

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Project Wiki

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.