Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Saeed Najahi <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/16 00:46:02 UTC

struts2 & hibernate

hello guys, plz i need some help concerning struts 2.2.3 and hibernate
3.6.3,
the problem i'm having is that the jars seem to keep fighting with each
other :( exceptions that stop me from even daring to write a single line of
code that implicates hibernate and struts, the documentation doesn't help
much unfortunatly, explanation or indication of what version of what jar is
needed isn't mentioned, i've never even thought that javassist was needed
untill i downloaded a struts project from google code, there was no
mentioning of it whatsoever in the tutorial
would anyone kindly give me a pom.xml of a working struts2 and hibernate
project (in addition to the full hibernate plugin), please help me out i'm
pretty much depressed right now,
thanks in advance guys

`*The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese..*`

*NAJAHI Saïd* (* KyouJin-SaMa* )
4ème année G.Info E.N.S.A.Safi

RE: struts2 & hibernate

Posted by Jason Pyeron <jp...@pdinc.us>.

For what it is worth, we are using hibernate 3.6.x w/ annotations in struts
2.1.6, 2.1.8, 2.2.x, and SVN HEAD
Using the convention and portlet plugins.

Please post example of failure for debugging.

-                                                               -
- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -
-                                                               -

Re: struts2 & hibernate

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 6:46 PM, Saeed Najahi <na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> code that implicates hibernate and struts, the documentation doesn't help
> much unfortunatly, explanation or indication of what version of what jar is
> needed isn't mentioned,

Dependencies should be managed by Maven (or similar), not by
hand--anything but the *most* basic S2 application (in other words, no
plugins, pretty much no anything) ups the library requirements pretty
quickly.

In any case, did you look at the S2 "blank" app included in the main
distro? Often times looking at the artifacts included in a download
provide clues regarding library usage. The blank app includes the
following libraries:

WEB-INF/lib/asm-3.1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/asm-commons-3.1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/asm-tree-3.1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-fileupload-1.2.2.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-io-2.0.1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/commons-lang-2.5.jar
WEB-INF/lib/freemarker-2.3.16.jar
WEB-INF/lib/javassist-3.11.0.GA.jar
WEB-INF/lib/ognl-3.0.1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/struts2-core-2.2.3.jar
WEB-INF/lib/xwork-core-2.2.3.jar

> (in addition to the full hibernate plugin)

There is no Hibernate plugin.

Since you don't provide any information regarding the errors you're
getting, it's difficult to help much more than that.

Dave