Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2002/08/31 13:30:36 UTC

[lang] Serialization subpackage?

The Maven reports seem to suggest that SerailizationException is a little
odd in its current location. It means that the 'root' package depends on a
subpackage.

Could we consider moving SerializationUtils and SerializationException to a
subpackage 'serializable' for 1.0? It would break people using the beta, but
its only marginal (and we've already done that in the exception package).

Its not a big issue, but I think it improves the structure overall.

Stephen