Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by z-...@juno.com on 2004/01/21 09:30:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with changing DocumentRoot

Hello,

I have Gentoo installed with 2.6.0 kernel. I have Apache and PHP working
fine with a DocumentRoot of "/var/www/localhost/htdocs" (which is too
long for me to be working with). I created a folder (/www), chmod 755 it
and its contents (index.html) and I am getting a permission denied error.
The server is running as root (I will adjust this security issue later, I
just want a working apache and php to my likings first) and my
DocumentRoot points to /www, but I am still getting the error.

/var/log/apache/error_log says "client denied by server configuration:
/www/index.html"

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

z-lite