Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Justin Connell <ju...@propylon.com> on 2010/03/14 02:03:38 UTC

SVN Dump error

I have a repository that I had taken a dump from, the load was
interrupted at revision x, so I thought that since the size of the repo
was an issue, that it would be possible to take a dump from the original
repo from revision x + 1.

The problem that I have is that there seems to be a conflict in the
revision of the second dump when loading to the repo - a path is being
added that already exits.

Any ideas how to work around this issue would be appreciated

Thanks
Justin

Re: SVN Dump error

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 13, 2010, at 20:03, Justin Connell wrote:

> I have a repository that I had taken a dump from, the load was interrupted at revision x, so I thought that since the size of the repo was an issue, that it would be possible to take a dump from the original repo from revision x + 1.
>
> The problem that I have is that there seems to be a conflict in the revision of the second dump when loading to the repo - a path is being added that already exits.

The second (and any subsequent) dumpfile needs to have been created with the --incremental flag.