Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by yriveiro <ya...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/23 00:40:31 UTC

Solr 4.5 router.name issue?

Hi,

I create a collection with command (Solr 4.5):

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=testDocValues&collection.configName=page-statistics&numShards=12&maxShardsPerNode=12&router.field=month

The documentation says that the default router.name it's compositeId. The
clusterstate.json it's write compositeId for the testDocValues collection
but the zookepeer's node /collections/testDocValues says:

{
  "configName":"page-statistics",
  "router":{"name":"implicit"}
}

Is it this correct or is some kind of issue?

-----
Best regards

Re: Solr 4.5 router.name issue?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
The router.name in the collections node is not used. The router specified
in the clusterstate.json is the one which is actually used.

This is a known issue and will be fixed with Solr 4.6

See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5319

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 4:10 AM, yriveiro <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I create a collection with command (Solr 4.5):
>

> http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=testDocValues&collection.configName=page-statistics&numShards=12&maxShardsPerNode=12&router.field=month
>
> The documentation says that the default router.name it's compositeId. The
> clusterstate.json it's write compositeId for the testDocValues collection
> but the zookepeer's node /collections/testDocValues says:
>
> {
>   "configName":"page-statistics",
>   "router":{"name":"implicit"}
> }
>
> Is it this correct or is some kind of issue?
>

> -----
> Best regards

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.