Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "Zheng, Chuck" <ch...@ebay.com> on 2007/05/02 08:38:21 UTC

how to do retry on connect-timeout

If I want to retry another attempt after specified connect-timeout is
reached, what's the best way to do it in MINA?
Should I catch ConnectException in IoHandler.exceptionCaught?  And the
restart a SocketConnector?

Thx
Chuck

Re: how to do retry on connect-timeout

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On May 2, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Zheng, Chuck wrote:
> If I want to retry another attempt after specified connect-timeout is
> reached, what's the best way to do it in MINA?

Set a callback on the ConnectFuture and check
ConnectFuture.isConnected? That's a non-exception-based method to do
it..

-pete

--
(peter.royal|osi)@pobox.com - http://fotap.org/~osi