Posted to users@maven.apache.org by MT...@EvergreenInvestments.com on 2006/03/30 22:56:09 UTC

Can someone explain to me the following

I am having a real tough time understanding this point

  1) Why am I having such a hard time getting past step 1 in creating my
first Maven project

      mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' from the repository:
Unable to read local cop
y of metadata: Cannot read metadata from
'c:\MavenRepo\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-archetype-plugin\maven-metadata-central
.xml': attribute value must start with quotation or apostrophe not s
(position: TEXT seen ...</head>\r\n<body>\r\n<link rel=s
... @6:12)
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:pom:LATEST

Everyone mentions it could be a Http proxy issue. Well I tried that too.
If that's the case and I know my HTTP proxy server and start changing the
settings.xml file,
do I need to know the server's username/password. Why is it so hard to
set-up?
Is there a workaround to this method?

-- Thanks, Mike

Re: Can someone explain to me the following

Posted by MT...@EvergreenInvestments.com.
Great Wayne  tahnks, I think I'm further along!

"Wayne Fay" <wa...@gmail.com>
03/30/2006 04:10 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Can someone explain to me the following

go open the file:
c:\MavenRepo\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-archetype-plugin\maven-metadata-central.xml

in a text editor. looks like html...

something is wrong with your setup. delete the repo and start over.

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
go open the file: