Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ruphine Kengne <ru...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/24 11:15:37 UTC

Gsoc Proposal Review

Hello everyone,

I have submitted my draft proposal for review through the Gsoc dashboard on
the project title "Group Loan Management Service" and I have some questions
which are:

1. What are the detail overview and objectives of the Group Loan Management
Service for the fims-web-app ?

2. What functionalities do I need to implement for this project during this
summer period?

*3. What features from Mifos X or input from the community will be
implemented on the project ? *4. Are all the endpoints available for the
Group microservice on Fineract CN ?

 Looking forward for your feedback on it.

Regards,
Ruphine Kengne

Re: Gsoc Proposal Review

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
Hello Ruphine,

I created the issue with the purpose that:

Firstly, UI screens will be added to fims-web-app to consume the existing
Group APIs available here
<https://github.com/apache/fineract-cn-group/blob/develop/api/src/main/java/io/mifos/group/api/v1/client/GroupManager.java>
(The
Group Service is suppose to provide group management features for both
savings and lending groups). You will stillhave to gather requirements for
different stakeholders in the community to have a clear functional spec for
the new platform based on field data (it has to be business driven).

Secondly, once requirements have been gathered and clarity is achieved, one
might implement the additional group APIs required by a live Financial
institution running on top of the CN platform. Depending on what the
community decides, one could just replicate what is found on Fineract 1.x
but am not so sure of this approach.

Use cases, Functional Requirements and User stories are need from the
community to enable volunteers to build out features.

if anyone in the community wants Group Management (both savings and loans)
ontop of the new platform, this is the time to come forward with use cases
and specs.

Thanks,
Awasum