Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/09 18:25:42 UTC

The Job.xml file

Hi guys: I cant find much info about the life cycle for the job.xml file in
hadoop.

My thoughts are :

1) It is created by the job client
2) It is only read by the JobTracker
3) Task trackers (indirectly) are configured by information in job.xml
because
the JobTracker decomposes its contents into individual tasks

So, my (related) questions are:

Is there a way to start a job directly from a job.xml file?
What components depend on and read the job.xml file?
Where is the job.xml defined/documented (if anywhere)?

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com

Re: The Job.xml file

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you can start a job directly from a job.xml

try "hadoop job -submit JOB_FILE", replace JOB_FILE with your job.xml.

Re: The Job.xml file

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Re: The Job.xml file

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.