Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Gil Vernik <GI...@il.ibm.com> on 2014/05/19 09:58:07 UTC

queston about Spark repositories in GitHub

Hello,

I am new to the Spark community, so I apologize if I ask something
obvious.
I follow the document about contribution to Spark where it's written that
I need to fork the https://github.com/apache/spark repository.

I got a little bit confused since  the repository
https://github.com/apache/spark  contains various branches: brach-0.5 -
branch-1.0,  master, scala-2.9, streaming

What is the branch with the latest most updated code for the next planned
release? I guess it's Spark 1.0, so should I work with  branch-1.0 or
master?
Another question, what is Scala-2.9 and Streaming branches?

Thanking you in advance,
Gil Vernik.

Re: queston about Spark repositories in GitHub

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
“master” is where development happens, while branch-1.0, branch-0.9, etc are for maintenance releases in those versions. Most likely if you want to contribute you should use master. Some of the other named branches were for big features in the past, but none are actively used now.

Matei