Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Garimella Kiran <ki...@aalto.fi> on 2014/11/04 17:26:25 UTC

Problem running Giraph in local mode (Stuck at MASTER_ZOOKEEPER_ONLY checkWorkers)

Hi all,

I am having some issues running my code locally on a single machine. I am using Giraph 1.1.0 and Hadoop 2.5.1 ..

The execution gets stuck and the following lines just keeps getting printed:

14/11/04 17:08:09 INFO mapred.LocalJobRunner: MASTER_ZOOKEEPER_ONLY checkWorkers: Only found 0 responses of 1 needed to start superstep -1 > map

14/11/04 17:07:43 INFO master.BspServiceMaster: checkWorkers: Only found 0 responses of 1 needed to start superstep -1.  Reporting every 30000 msecs, 569973 more msecs left before giving up.

14/11/04 17:07:43 INFO master.BspServiceMaster: logMissingWorkersOnSuperstep: No response from partition 1 (could be master)

The complete log is here: http://pastebin.com/cyBmHutq

(I was able to run the same code on a different machine, which had Giraph 1.0.0 and Hadoop 0.20 with out any problems) ..
I'm a novice Giraph user, so excuse me if I'm missing something obvious.
Please let me know if I forgot to add something in the email.

Regards,
Kiran

Re: Problem running Giraph in local mode (Stuck at MASTER_ZOOKEEPER_ONLY checkWorkers)

Posted by Eli Reisman <ap...@gmail.com>.
The hadoop_2 profile should execute Giraph jobs from within MR Mappers as
the profiles for Hadoop 1.x and 0.20.x do. hadoop_yarn build Giraph to spin
up its own Application Master and run direct on YARN without MapReduce.

The error you're experiencing (and your build params) seems as if it would
occur in a run from the former option (running within MR job on Hadoop2)

Hope that helps narrow it down.