Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/05 08:59:06 UTC

CI updates

hi devs,

did travis' stability improve after some tests were exiled on their own
job? Any problems with the new gh-actions pipeline?

some notes:

If a job on the gh-pipeline fails and its not because of your code, you
can restart the job within the next 24h. After that you will have to
restart the full pipeline since the workspace has a retention time of a
day to conserve resources.

It is likely that nobody will ever notice since pushing into a PR will
restart the full pipeline anyway. Restarting a single job is just a
manual optimization in case of a unreliable job (looking at you 2h php
test job).

I noticed once that a workflow run got stuck unrecoverable. What
happened was that the primary build job uploaded the workspace
successfully, but the file got corrupted and none of the secondary jobs
could extract it.

There are two ways how to recover from this:

1) open the summary of the workflow run, scroll down and remove the
build artifact manually. Now restart the full pipeline.

2) if this doesn't work, open
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/actions, find your workflow run and
delete it. Now push into the PR again and a fresh workflow run will start.

I hope this was just some github anomaly and doesn't happen regularly.

best regards,

michael

Re: CI updates

Posted by antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

I think things are more organized now, and the descriptions of jobs are
much clearer also. A quick look at the travis report (see [1] for an
example) clearly indicates that the failure is on that set of unreliable
(!) tests.

So good job and thanks, Michael!

Kind regards,
Antonio