Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2012/06/28 11:34:40 UTC

[QA] request to check update of installed OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1 to AOO 3.4

Hi,

as I have proposed to activate the update service for installed OOo 3.2 and OOo
3.2.1 instances I would like to request that we check, if an update of OOo 3.2
and OOo 3.2.1 to AOO 3.4 works.
Thus, I am asking here for volunteers to perform such an update in their
environments and to give feedback.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: [QA] request to check update of installed OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1 to AOO 3.4

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 03.07.2012 11:35, Ji Yan wrote:
> Recently, I test update services for both OO3.2/3.2.1/3.3 and find some
> interesting result:
> 1. For OO 3.3
>      a. As I test several language packages(en-US/zh-CN/Ja), update services
> works fine on Windows and Mac.
>      b. There is no menu "Check for Updates.." in Linux. Is this design?
> 2. For OO 3.2 and OO 3.2.1
> All the check update test failed.
> OO 3.2.1(OOO320M18 Build:9502) RPM DE version
>     Problem: Could not establish Internet connection to
> update35.services.openoffice.org
> OO 3.2.0(OOO320m12 Build: 9483) DEB EN version
>     Problem: "Check for Updates.." menu is unavailable.
> OO 3.2.0(OOO320m12 Build: 9483) DMG EN version
>     Problem: Could not establish Internet connection to
> update34.services.openoffice.org
> OO 3.2.1(OOO320m19 Build:9505) MSI KU version
>     Problem: "Check for Updates.." menu is unavailable
> OO 3.2.0(OOO320m12 Build:9483) MSI NN version
>     Problem: Could not establish Internet connection to
> update34.services.openoffice.org
>
> Is the update server down these days? and also could somebody check why
> "Check for Updates.." menu is not always exist?

I think there is a misunderstanding, because I expressed myself not clear enough.

Yes, the update service for OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1 is not running.
I have proposed to activate it.

Before I activated it, we need to check, if the manual update of OOo 3.2/OOo
3.2.1 works. Thus, I was asking for checking the following:
- take a system with OOo 3.2 or OOo 3.2.1 installed.
- download manually an AOO 3.4 installation package.
- install the AOO 3.4 installation package in order to update installed OOo
3.2/OOo 3.2.1
- give feedback, if update of OOo 3.2/OOo 3.2.1 by AOO 3.4 works fine or not.

Sorry that I was not clear enough.

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
Recently, I test update services for both OO3.2/3.2.1/3.3 and find some
interesting result:
1. For OO 3.3
    a. As I test several language packages(en-US/zh-CN/Ja), update services
works fine on Windows and Mac.
    b. There is no menu "Check for Updates.." in Linux. Is this design?
2. For OO 3.2 and OO 3.2.1
All the check update test failed.
OO 3.2.1(OOO320M18 Build:9502) RPM DE version
   Problem: Could not establish Internet connection to
update35.services.openoffice.org
OO 3.2.0(OOO320m12 Build: 9483) DEB EN version
   Problem: "Check for Updates.." menu is unavailable.
OO 3.2.0(OOO320m12 Build: 9483) DMG EN version
   Problem: Could not establish Internet connection to
update34.services.openoffice.org
OO 3.2.1(OOO320m19 Build:9505) MSI KU version
   Problem: "Check for Updates.." menu is unavailable
OO 3.2.0(OOO320m12 Build:9483) MSI NN version
   Problem: Could not establish Internet connection to
update34.services.openoffice.org

Is the update server down these days? and also could somebody check why
"Check for Updates.." menu is not always exist?

2012/6/29 Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll take care of updat test, and let you know result asap.
>
> I made the test on an Intel-based Mac, and it works just fine (manual
> installation of AOO 3.4 on top of OOo 3.2).
>
> Roberto
>
> > 在 2012-6-28 下午5:35,"Oliver-Rainer Wittmann" <orwittmann@googlemail.com
> >写道:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> as I have proposed to activate the update service for installed OOo 3.2
> >> and OOo 3.2.1 instances I would like to request that we check, if an
> update
> >> of OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1 to AOO 3.4 works.
> >> Thus, I am asking here for volunteers to perform such an update in their
> >> environments and to give feedback.
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot in advance.
> >>
> >> Best regards, Oliver.
> >>

> --
> ====
> This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It
> may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the
> intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
> notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any
> attachment(s) from your system. Thank you.

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: [QA] request to check update of installed OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1 to AOO 3.4

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <rg...@geek.net>.

--
====

Re: [QA] request to check update of installed OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1 to AOO 3.4

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.